Peak Enrichment Pods
Learn Content, Build Skills, and Enhance Confidence
As our students prepare to return to school, we are confident that most will return to teachers who are eager to tackle the challenges of our present times and schools that are increasingly prepared for the hiccups that come with delivering remote or hybrid learning on a large scale.
In order to help students bridge content and skill gaps that have arisen this past spring and will inevitably arise this fall in even the most comprehensive hybrid learning model, we are excited to announce the launch of Peak Performance Enrichment Pods.
Each of our nearly 30 Pods will be geared towards a specific high school, middle school, or elementary school course. Our teachers include Peak Associate tutors and top-performing public or private school teachers who specialize in their specific courses. Most pods will meet one hour per week and will be conducted in virtual synchronous fashion (live taught via Zoom). We also welcome requests to work with self-selected Pods, either online or in-person.
As with our other Peak offerings, Pods will be limited to a maximum of 8 students in order to promote student engagement, discussion, and interaction. Using the online teaching model that enabled more than 95% of our AP review students to achieve 4’s and 5’s on their spring 2020 exams, our teachers will help your child develop a deeper content base, more robust skill set, and enhanced sense of confidence in the learning process.
Because our Pod sizes are small and our teachers all have full-time commitments to teaching their specific courses, we anticipate that our limited spots will fill quickly. To register, please use our Peak Enrichment Pods registration link. Additional details are below:
Course Pods Currently Available for High School
• Social Studies: Global History 9, Global History 10, AP World History, United States History 11, AP United States History
• Math: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus
• Spanish: all levels through AP
• English: AP Lang, AP Lit, Enrichment Electives including Rhetoric & Argument, Reading & Writing: Style and Argument, and Entering the Conversation: Writing with Templates
• Science: Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Living Environment, AP Biology, Physics, AP Physics 1/2
Course Pods Currently Available for Elementary and Middle School
• Reading Skills: 3rd/4th Grade Reading Workshop, 5th/6th Grade Reading Workshop, 7th/8th Grade Reading Workshop
• Math: all levels through 8th grade
• Writing Workshop: 3rd/4th Grade Writing Workshop, 5th/6th Grade Writing Workshop, 7th/8th Grade Writing Workshop
• Spanish: all levels through 8th grade
• $75 - $150 per hour depending on course, teacher, and number of students who register
• Most Pods will meet once per week for one hour.
• Initial registration commitment is for 10 weeks, spanning the first quarter of the academic year from September 8 to November 13.
• We have handpicked our most trusted and high-performing colleagues from Scarsdale, Byram Hills, Rye Country Day, Brunswick, and other local schools.